Do you want to be an all-round Azure cloud professional? Do you want to develop your cloud security skills? Do you want to advance your journey to becoming an Azure Security Expert?
Well, the Microsoft Azure AZ-500 Exam is your next step.
Know all about this certification and how to clear it in this blog.
What is AZ 500 exam?
The AZ-500 Microsoft Azure Security Technologies exam is a part of Microsoft’s new role-based certification programs. It is considered ideal for the job of Microsoft Azure Security Engineer. The exam helps cloud security professionals gain expertise and complete knowledge of the niches and security areas that come under their responsibility.
With AZ 500 certification, cloud professionals can prove their capacities for carrying out identity and access management, security controls, and keeping security structures. The exam also encourages exam contenders to learn measures for protecting information, applications, and organizations.AZ 500 tests candidates’ capability to identify and resolve vulnerabilities with various security tools, react to security incidents, and carry out threat protection.
Here are some more details about the AZ 500 exam:
|Certification Name||[AZ-500] Microsoft Azure Security Technologies|
|Exam Duration||150-210 minutes|
|Number Of Questions||40 to 60 (One lab with around 12 sub-tasks)|
|Exam Cost||USD 165.00|
|Exam Languages||English, Japanese, Chinese (Simplified), Korean|
|Desired exam score||700 or above|
Are there any prerequisites for the AZ 500 exam?
There are no specific requirements for taking the AZ 500 certification exam. However, it is essential to have the relevant skills and experience to pass it. It is also recommended to take the AZ-900 Microsoft Azure Fundamentals exam before appearing for this certification test. Also, a basic analytical ability to solve problems and a hands-on experience in security tools can go a long way in helping you clear the AZ 500.
What are the modules covered in the AZ 500 exam?
The Microsoft Azure security certification tests candidates on four key areas. These include:
- Manage identity and access (20 – 25%)
This domain involves configuring Microsoft Azure and its directory. It targets how to identify, configure, and install Microsoft Azure AD connects and its users. It also includes identifying privilege identity management and configuring tenants.
- Implement platform protection (35-40%)
This part involves implementing a security network across network groups and configuring services to the Microsoft Azure firewall. Another task is to implement host security and container security among the network as well as resource management permissions and security.
- Manage security operations (15-20%)
This section includes configuring security services, alerts, as well as overall security policies.
- Security data application (30-35%)
This segment evaluates candidates’ ability to configure security policies for managing data, auditing, enabling authentication, managing storage accounts, and storage and data encryption. They also need to be proficient in security validations and managing keys to vaults.
Why should you take the AZ 500 exam?
The benefits of learning several security tools, and that too under a single exam tract, are many. The AZ 500 exam equips you with a lot of skills and makes you potentially capable of grabbing good roles in cloud security. These include:
- Building and developing skills required to employ security controls
- Finding solutions enforcing various security tools available in case of a vulnerability
- Executing and performing the security posture and control for things under your control
- Understanding and learning the use of security tools available for each application
- Assisting in protecting data, networks, and applications
- Exercising threat protection and implementing them
- Handling and responding to escalations in security
- Gaining profound knowledge and understanding of networking and controls
- Gaining deep-rooted knowledge about Microsoft Azure and its services
- Having inherent knowledge of virtualization and cloud N-tier architecture
- Accessing Azure and other Microsoft products with proficiency
Who does AZ 500 certification apply to?
- These are three categories of candidates, including:
- Individuals with non-technical backgrounds involved in marketing cloud security solutions and services
- People with technical backgrounds looking to start their career in cloud security
- Techies wanting to validate their level of knowledge in cloud security
How to prepare for the AZ 500 exam?
The best practices to prepare for the AZ 500 certification exam include:
- Visit the AZ 500 authority page
The primary place to begin your preparation is the AZ 500 authority page. You can get it from the authority Microsoft site. Check the qualification measures, exam objectives, requirements, etc., and begin your preparation accordingly.
- Chart your exam plan
The next step is to manage your exam goals and objectives. Outline your strategy for different modules and discover the seriousness of various sections.
- Choose the correct learning resources
The right study material and resources can make or break your exam preparation. Choose an authorized azure security training course and prepare along with it.
- Assess your preparation
The last and the most crucial step in AZ 500 exam preparation is practice tests. Take as many practice tests as you can and gain hands-on experience with the questions.
How can CloudThat help?
CloudThat Azure training and certification courses help you to master the skills necessary to unlock the true potential of Azure cloud services. Being a Microsoft Gold Partner, we offer you the best-in-class Azure certification courses through access to Microsoft Official Curriculum and engaging learning sessions delivered by certified experts.
Explore our Azure training courses here!