International Yoga Day is celebrated every year. Efforts are made to spread awareness among people about Yoga. And the right way and benefits of doing various yoga practices are explained in detail. Today we are telling about the right way and benefits of doing Ustrasana. So let’s know the benefits of Ustrasana through this article.
What is Ustrasana?
Ushtra is a Sanskrit word that means camel and easy means mudra. That is, the position of the body in Ustrasana is similar to that of a camel. Ustrasana is also known as Camel Pose. To do this asana, the body has to be tilted backward. This gives flexibility to your body and helps to open the heart chakra. Apart from this, like other yoga, it is helpful in calming your mind and in removing anger, and increasing power.
How to do Ustrasana:
- To do Ustrasana, you should sit on the most Vajrasana i.e. on your knees. Keeping the body straight, place both your hands on your knees.
- Now move from Vajrasana to Ardha Ustrasana. For this, slowly stand on your knees and keep both your hands on the waist in such a way that your fingers are towards the ground.
- Your shoulders and elbows should be parallel and your thighs should be at 90 degrees from the ground.
- Now while breathing in slowly, bend backward. Tilt your head back so that you feel a stretch in your neck muscles. This is called Ardha Ustrasana.
- Now to move from Ardha Ustrasana to Ustrasana, slowly exhale and hold your right hand on the heel of the right foot and the left hand on the heel of the left foot. Take care not to jerk the neck while bending back.
- Now breathe in and out normally. You stay in this position for at least 10 to 20 seconds and then come back to the normal ie Vajrasana position.
Benefits of Ustrasana:
- Doing Ustrasana strengthens your back and neck muscles.
- By doing Ustrasana, there is better blood circulation in your head and chest.
- The eyesight improves by doing this asana.
- Doing Ustrasana helps in removing excess body fat. It reduces the fat on your stomach and hips fast.
- By doing Ustrasana regularly, you can lead a healthy life.
If you want to learn different types of yoga asana that can help you reduce weight and lead a healthier life then you can join the Weight Loss Retreat.
- Those who have complaints of dizziness, hernia, or gouty disease, those people should not do this asana.
- Apart from this, if you have high blood pressure, stomach injury, or heart disease, then you should avoid doing this asana.
- Apart from this, pregnant women should also not do this asana.
Hope you liked this article and now you have understood very well about this yoga asana. If you also want to be healthy then practice yoga asana daily and keep yourself physically healthy. Regular yoga practice leads to better health benefits. Therefore, know that it is not a substitute for medical treatment. And if you are undergoing any treatment, then practice yoga asanas after the advice of a doctor and under the supervision of a trained teacher.