In this article, we are discussing the point about the concept of the management and how any organisation or any firm or company will perform appropriately.
In management the work or the targets related to any unit perform in a systematic manner.
We read all this term step by step and the concept of management which today is known as a too creative subject. The big contribution given to the father of the management – Henry Fayoul he introduced the concept of management to interest. We discuss all about this concept following.
If you need Management Assignment Help, then you can take our assistance.
What is Management?
In general term Management is the administration of an organisation, whether it is a non-profit organisation, a business, or a government body. Management is the art and science of managing the resources of the organisation and the business.
The term “management” may also include those people who manage organisations. it includes the activities or the functions of an organisation for employees to fulfil its objectives, like financing, technology, nature, and human resources.
Here are two basic concepts “Runs the business” and “Change the business” used in management for making the difference between delivery of goods and services and accepting the goods and services to get the changing needs to customers.
Definition of management:- Here is the complete definition of Management –
“Management is the process and art of getting things done with the help of people using available resources with the aim of achieving goals efficiently and effectively”.
What is the Nature of Management?
To understand the basic point of management, it must be surveyed in terms of arts and science, and as a profession, and in relation to administration, in terms of style of managers and management skills. Following are the main basic point of its Nature that discussed below –
- Management is a Universal process:- If human pursuit, there exists management. In the absence of an effective manager .
- Factor of production:- If the main objective of every firm and organisation is to achieve the goal and management is very helpful in how to achieve the objective. The managers used this tool for utilising the funds and labour.
- Management is the Goal-oriented programme:- The most important objective of management is to reach at this point to achieve the purpose of the organisations.
- Management is the system of authority:- if they will define principal role and regulation of proper power. It is most important that what he performs requires whom he must report.
- Management is a process:- the management system builds a range of activities and services directed towards an object.
- Management is a profession:- In management managers are required to control education and managerial expertise and explain their human and social responsibilities.
What are the 14 Principles of Management?
One of the famous writers Henry Fayol, known as the“father of the modern management theory” give a separate perception of the concept of management. He tells us a common theory that can be applied to any of the levels of management and every department. He just concentrated to accomplish managerial efficiency.
- Division of Work – Henry says that strategic work in the workforce in front of the workers will enhance the quality of the product. He says that the division of work will improve the productivity, speed of work, accuracy and the efficiency of the workers.This principle is suitable for both the technical as well as the managerial work level.
- Authority and Responsibility – Authority and Responsibility are the two key aspects of management. The term Authority facilitates the management of the work efficiently, and the term responsibility makes the workers responsible towards the works done under their leadership and guidance.
- Discipline – In management without discipline, nothing can be accomplished. It is the core value of any type of management ao any project. Workers’ good behaviour must help them to build their professional careers too smoothly.
- Unity of Command – This principle says that employees should have only one boss and they follow his command. If any of the workers can be followed by more than one boss, then there begins a conflict of interest and makes him confused.
- Unity of Direction – In this principle, this means all of the workers who’s working in a company or the organisations should have only one motive and goal that will make the work too easy and the to achieve the set goals so easily.
- Subordination of Individual Interest – This principle indicates that be subordinative regards to the purpose of the organisation. It refers to the whole chain of command related to a company.
- Remuneration – Their remuneration is the main role played in every firm and company and this term helps to motivate the workers. And these terms are two different terms, monetary and nonmonetary.
- Centralization – In this principle, any authority or the management responsible for the decision- making process can be neutral. And also this can depend on the size of an organisation.
- Scalar chain – In this principle Fayol highlights the hierarchy steps must be followed from top level to lowest level.
- Order – This principle refers that a company should maintain a well-defined working order to maintain a favourite work culture.
- Equity – In this principle Fayoul says that in any firm or organisation all employees should be treated equally and respectfully.
- Stability – Fayoul says in this principle an employee gives the best in this job if they feel secure.
- Initiative –This concept helps to increase the worth and motivate the employee to take initiative in an organisation.
- Esprit de corps – In this concept motivate the employee and developing trust among the work environment and give the positive out comes
After study the concept of management to easily achieve the ending point of any firm or the organisations. The concept of management is the studying point that helps the organisations or the firms to manage their work properly and in management.
We say after reading this concept that today’s world can’t be any organisation where all the working systems can be performed without management.
With the help of the management the work can be done to efficiently and done to timely.